Baked Apple Rings
Apple Season is upon us! By mid-apple season, do you run out of ideas of how to use up all the apples? Pin this one to remember to give it a try!
This is a great recipe and so much fun for the kids too! The original recipe is found on the Running to the Kitchen blog (published in 2012). (This post was originally featured on my first blog in 2014.)
Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top.
2 apples (preferably organic) cored, cut into rings
1 heaping cup of almond meal
1/4 cup melted, if frozen, coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp organic coconut sugar
1. Pour melted coconut oil into small shallow dish.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in another shallow dish.
3. Coat each apple slice in the coconut oil then dip in the almond meal mixture on both sides.
4. Place on wire rack and bake for 12-15 minutes then carefully flip for the remaining 5 minutes.
5. Stack on a plate and enjoy! Top with coconut or almond milk whipped cream, maple syrup, or serve with your choice of ice cream!
My son gave these apples high marks!
Quite a dainty and delectable dish.
He was a big helper too! If you have children, do they enjoy helping in the kitchen?
Share about it in the comments.
Disclaimer: Information shared is for educational and entertainment purposes. Consult your practitioner for guidance regarding your personal health profile.
Subscribe to occasional newsletter here.
© Conveying Awareness with Jessica David